Thursday 15 August 2013

Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection Foundation Review


Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Foundation £5.99 (£3.99 Here )

Having read mixed reviews on this foundation I decided to test it for myself. Being a student, long wearing foundation is definitely a necessity as I am up too early in the morning and up too late at night... This foundation claims to last 16 hours, have SPF 20 and be oil free. I have the shade Ivory 2.

Obviously it is rare to have a foundation that lasts as long as it claims too and this is no exception. On a good day with a primer this may last 7 hours? This colour is a pretty good match for me between summer and winter times as its too light for me in height of summer and too dark in deep winter. However, the darker shades become just orange and the lighter shade is hard to get hold of. 

I found this foundation really drying and clingy on the skin and definitely made me look cakey and strange. I can't seem to apply it correctly no mater how and even if I mix it with a moisturiser it still looks pretty cakey. It does have medium coverage but some marks on my skin do come through, although I like the natural look it makes it look less natural and it makes everything look darker.

The only reasonable successful way of applying it I found was mixed 7:3 (moisturiser:foundation) and applied pretty lightly with a sponge. It leaves my skin still feeling dry and it clings to blemishes and any dry areas I have. I have rarely worn this foundation out of the house as I find it just looks too bad before I even leave, I have read it oxidises sometimes so may get even darker throughout the day. 

I wouldn't recommend this foundation and I certainly won't be repurchasing it again. This foundation is the exact same consistency as the much-hyped concealer and this is not a good thing. Such as shame as I love Collection 2000 for its quality and pricing!

Budget Beauty Room


No comments:

Post a Comment