Friday 9 August 2013

Body Lotion: Superdrug Vs Avon Review



Superdrug Body Lotion with Aloe Vera 375ml £1.59
Avon Nourising Body lotion  (Almond and Cocoa Butter) 400ml £4.00

After my last Avon body lotion ran out I took a look around the local shops to see if there was a lotion that compared to it and at a good price. I finally decided on the Superdrug Body Lotion with Aloee Vera after seeing some good online reviews.

The Avon body lotion smelt good and lasted an AGE. As quite a lazy moisturiser applier it left me feeling moisturised for a couple of days before I would feel I would need to moisturise again. The consistency was also quite thick so it was easy to control and use the correct amount. I wasn't too keen on the fact the bottle was still quite full when no more would come out and the bottle was too thick to cut open but this probably could still be fixed. I have a local avon representative so it isn't too difficult to get hold of but not too easy either.

I then decided a change of product might do some good so I tried the cheaper and (nearly) same volume product from Superdrug. It doesn't smell really of anything and is very quickly absorbed into the skin. This is quite good as I'm often in a rush and this means clothes won't get greasy. However, even just an hour after application I found my legs didn't look or feel any different than before moisturising and I would want to apply it again. Ithought maybe this is because I hadn't put it on enough or another reason but after consistent use I still find it unmoisturising for any period of time. The solution is quite runny and it has often split as it comes out of the bottle before it is at 90 degrees. 

More searching I think for budget lotions, comment any suggestions to try!

Budget Beauty Book

No comments:

Post a Comment